Thursday 8 November 2012

Getting Down To Business


I have been extremely busy the past month with working a lot and organising my life. As a result havent updated this blog in a fair while. So I really ought to discuss what has been happening that I have been too busy to blog!

Graduate in Residence is going great! The second year students I have been working with are all really lovely. I have been helping out on Tuesdays whilst they are in the studio, and so far have been supporting them with pattern cutting for their skirt designs. I admit that pattern cutting is definitely not my strongest skill, infact it would most likely be what I am weakest at when it comes to fashion design. I have just had to accept I am not a natural pattern cutter. However having been in the studio and looking at so many skirt designs, I think my pattern cutting knowledge is increasing - I could be the queen of skirts at least? Perhaps not.

I am also taking part in my first craft fair on 17th of November at Snafu in Aberdeen. There will be a lot of talented folks selling handmade goods which is exciting, I really can't wait to see what other people are selling. I've been cracking on with hand painting tights again, and still have a fair few from summer that I beaded. I have make more collar cage shapes, lots of little handmade jewellery pieces and perhaps if I get a spare moment, I can decorate some t-shirts so that the guys are not left out. My boyfriend (Paul) has designed a lovely logo for my collars. I would love to keep on manufacturing these as I adore the silhouette and they go with any outfit!



There is another event I am taking part in, which is even more exciting! Teach Me How To..'s page was requested to me by a friend on facebook. I checked it out and found out that she had this amazing idea of an event solely on learning new things from sports and dance to arts and crafts. I contacted her straight away and am now going to be doing a workshop (on what I am yet to decide, but it will be fashion based). It will be on 26th January down in Edinburgh, thats about all I know just now, but will update more once I know more. After the workshop I am being given a stall again to sell and promote my work. I have offered to help out with logo's and posters for this event, so hopefully I can get involved with that too.

Very busy and exciting times ahead!

Aymee

No comments:

Post a Comment